Aug 27, 2010

Wait and Be Still

Sometimes all we can do is wait. Be still. Be silent. Wait.

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

The Lord will be on our side if we follow His instructions for our lives… but isn’t waiting hard sometimes? I know it is for me. Isn’t it hard to just… wait and be still and see what will happen?

We all want to have more control in life than we do, but the thing is, God is in control of the things we see as uncontrollable as well as the things we think we’re in control of. He is in the omniscient business, the omnipresent business, and the omnipotent business. He knows all at all times about all of us, past, present, and future, and has the power to help us get where we’re headed in life if we will follow His instructions.

I know there have been times I have gotten frustrated waiting on the Lord, wondering who things seem to be taking so long and then, sometimes years later, I see why. I get it. Something clicks and I go, “so that’s what was up.”

I am in one of those times in my life once again, and all I can do is trust God, be still, and wait for whatever He wills to happen. The scary part of that is, it’s not just one area of my life… it IS my life. Literally. But I cannot allow that to hold me back or keep me from living while I wait, while I’m still before Him, while I wait for Him to fight on my behalf. The Lord will fight for me if I let Him do so… but if I try to do things on my own ahead of His timing or out of His plan, it isn’t going to work. I must be still and know He is God, and not I. He is the One Who has it all figured out. Not I. He is the One Who I must wait on and when I do, I will see that He is good… I will be reminded, God is good all the time, and all the time He is ever so good… He will fight for me the battles I think I must fight but cannot. He will fight for me. I must be still. I must know that HE alone is God. I must trust.

Where do you find yourself fighting when God has said, “I will fight for you if you are still and allow Me to work?” Where are you moving where He has told you to be still? Where are you still where He has told you that you must take action? Both are parts of God’s plan for us… and they are equally important parts of the package of obedience we lay at His feet…

No comments:

Post a Comment