Oct 3, 2010

Faith: My Residence

Faith is to believe what we do not see; and the reward of this faith is to see what we believe.  ~Augustine

Faith. This is one of the tools in our toolkit as Christians that is necessary for life and love and relationship success. It is something that is a must.

Faith. This is my residence. I must trust that God has my back at all times, even when I have done something I shouldn't have. If it's repented of and forgiven, and I allow God to use it, all things work together for good in my life because I love Him and more importantly, He loves ME. 

Faith. We can't see the future - even those of us with the gift of prophecy - in full reality. And even with prophetic gifts where the future is shown that future sometimes is changed, as it was when Jonah told Ninevah God was going to destroy it... and that people repented, turning history and voiding the prophecy because God had a heart moment with them. God saw their faith and though He is a never-changing God, His mind was changed. Faith. This is the only thing that truly turns the heart of God toward or away from someone, something, a situation.

Faith. It must be evident. It must be our residence. It must be where we live. It must be what we breathe. It must be real.

Only when faith is real does its reward come to fruition, barring an extra pinch of the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment