Apr 13, 2010

Delighted Soul

Psalm 94:19 is a powerful Scripture.

When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul. (ESV)
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. (NIV)

When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul. (NASB)

In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul. (KJV and ESV)


What does it mean to have cares or anxiety consoled by God Almighty? Well… everything! King David knew what some of us forget… but we can relearn, remember, recall this truth.

When my anxious thoughts multiply within me… when the cares of my heart are many… in the multitude of my thoughts… when anxiety was great within me… God’s consolation can bring cheer, delight and joy back into our souls. Back into our hearts. Back into our lives. If we let Him.

And isn’t that the key? The FIRST key to being consoled by God is allowing Him to do it! The SECOND is doing our part by knowing what His promises to us are… He is a God Who keeps His promises! Allowing God to do what He deems best and not worrying about it is hard… but it is worth the time and stress you save by continuing in anxiety!


Challenge:

 If you’ve been having trouble with anxiety… if you worry, or have many cares… allow God to console you. A little consolation goes a long way! And a little consolation from GOD goes into eternity if we let it.

Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment